Contact Us

For general information and to report animal related issues or emergencies please contact the number in your area.

  • Report animals at large.
  • Report injured animals.
  • Report animal bites.
  • Report a lost or found animal.
  • Report cruelty, abuse, or neglect.
  • Report dead animals.
  • Purchase a license.
  • Permit Information
  • Inquire about wildlife problems.

Phone Numbers

  • After Hours Emergency: Iowa City Police Phone: 319-356-6800
  • Animal Control Phone: 319-356-5295
  • Coralville Animal Control Phone: 319-248-1800
  • County Health Department Phone: 319-356-6040
  • Municipal Court Information Phone: 319-356-6068

Communities We Serve

Iowa City Animal Services and Animal Care and Adoption Center provide sheltering services, under contract, to animals from the following communities:

  • City of Iowa City
  • Coralville
  • Unincorporated Johnson County
  • University Heights
  • University of Iowa

Citizens from incorporated cities in Johnson County should contact their local city offices to determine who provides service to their community.