Area Dog Parks
Dog Park Rules
- All dogs must:
- Be fully vaccinated for rabies
- Display a permit for use of the park
- Be accompanied by a responsible person at least 16 years of age
- Be on leash when entering or exiting the off-leash area
- Be under the handler’s visual contact and voice control at all times
- The following dogs are not allowed in the park
- Vicious, dangerous or aggressive dogs
- Dogs with communicable diseases
- Dogs in heat
- Dog handlers must
- Clean up after their dogs
- Carry a leash for each dog in the park
- Discourage dogs from excessive barking and dominating behavior
- Stop dogs from digging and fill holes made by their dog
- Be responsible for actions and behavior of their dogs at all times
- Remove pinch, choke and spike collars prior to entering the park
- Not have more than two dogs in the park at one time
- Electronic training devices are restricted to the training and agility area.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied and supervised by a responsible adult.
- Wheeled devices, excepting wheel chairs and strollers, are not allowed.
- Smoking is prohibited within the fenced areas.
- No food allowed in the park except for small training treats.
- Dogs over 18 inches at the shoulder are not allowed in the small dog yard.
- Users of the facility do so at their own risk.
- Other park rules and ordinances may apply.
- Violations should be reported to Iowa City Animal Services at 319-356-5295.
You can download the application form for an annual dog park permit here:
You can submit the completed form with payment to the Iowa City Animal Care & Adoption Center or to a dog park attendant to receive a current tag.